For anyone out there driving – good luck to you, drive safe (I am working from home today). We are in the grips of a lovely winter storm. Right now, it IS lovely, it is refreshing the snow in our backyard, which had gotten icy and not very useful over the last week – now it is fort, snowman and sled worthy – And BOY are we excited in our house. Even the shovelling, with three of us, is fun.
Yes folks, this is where I work. For now. We are in the process of beginning a renovation that could mean much more space for me and my work in our tiny home. This is so embarassing. But if it is out there – I am so much more likely to fix it!
Okay, so it is time for resolutions. Here are mine.
– get more sleep. right now I am averaging 5 hours a night. Not good for me or anybody else!
– get a studio space built and organized (see pictures – this I NEED) though I did clean my desk yesterday and I feel like a new woman… I can actually work.
– Finish the two books I am working on by next week – did I say that? Yep. And then on to the next ones…
– get that teaching job I have always dreamt about that has suddenly appeared
– get back into going to the gym, even if just for sanity’s sake
– laugh more
– give more
– worry less
– get my website up and running (and the other I am working on as well)
– buy less needless crap. Buy less period.
– eat more vegetarian fare
– pay attention
That’s it really. All things I have been striving to do anyway in my life, but we all need reminders once in awhile about what this stuff means to us.
Peace to you in 2009.